Community News • September 29, 2016
Sheri Fraser Coaching has been holding Triathlon camps at Vacation Village for 4 years now. We are there for the month of April and we run a 7 day and a 10 day camp. We find the Vacation Village location and facilities to be ideal for our purposes.
• Swimming: We use the 25 yard pool at Vacation Village for workouts. For open-water swimming we go to nearby Lake Louisa State Park.
• Biking: The area offers multiple bike trails and riding on well-paved low traffic roads. Riding to the south is fairly flat while the north side boasts some challenging hills. Lake Louisa State Park has a 10 mile loop which is perfect for time trialing.
• Running: The Orange Groves located 1 mile from Vacation Village has a 10 mile loop on hard-packed sand and gravel with virtually no traffic. The loop includes some challenging hills. Lake Louisa State Park is ideal for brick workouts.
• Yoga, stretching and Tri clinics: The Recreational Center includes a large air-conditioned club house which is available for use.
• Accommodation: We have very favorable feedback from our athletes in terms of space, comfort, privacy and facilities. The close proximity to supermarkets and restaurants means our athletes have more time to do what they came to do; work out and have fun! Staff are very welcoming and very responsive to our requests.
• Weather: Its great!